LAST UPDATED: 17/10/2023
Who's responsible for this statement?
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we do so, we will notify you in such manner as we consider reasonably appropriate, including by making the revised version available on our website. Please review this Privacy Statement or website periodically for changes.
What personal information do you collect?
- Information about you, such as your name and contact details, and about other people you've asked us to include under your policy insurance;
- Details about the risk you've asked us to insure;
- Information about your previous claims or losses;
- Details about your previous insurances and insurers, the status of any loan you have in relation to the risk we've insured; and
- Any other matters we need to make a decision about whether to offer or provide insurance to you.
If you opt into or are required to use the ROLLiN’ App, we will also collect:
- Your location data from your mobile device;
- Trip information derived from your mobile device data; and
- Application analytics from the ROLLiN’ App that is downloaded on your mobile device.
Why do you collect, use, hold, or disclose personal information?
IAL collects, uses and discloses your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided to IAL, related purposes and as permitted by law. Such purposes include:
- Processing, assessing and verifying your application for insurance and any claims you make;
- Managing and administering your policy including preparing your policy schedule and other communications to you;
- Responding to your enquiries and providing you with assistance and managing claims;
- Market research so that we can better understand our customers' needs and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- Quality assurance and training purposes
- Fraud mitigation; and
- To develop and identify products and services that may interest you.
If you opt into or are required to use the ROLLiN’ App, we will use your data to calculate a personal driver score. We may also contact you when data sources have been switched off (such as Bluetooth or location services).
We may hold your personal information for a period of seven years after you complete and/or save a quote. This applies even if you don’t proceed with purchasing the policy.
What happens if I don't provide you with my personal information?
If you don't provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you. For example, we may not be able to process your application for a policy or process a claim under your policy.
How do you collect personal information about me?
We usually collect personal information about you directly from you whenever possible, such as when you apply for a policy online or talk to us over the phone. We also collect personal information about you over the internet, including via our website, online forms, emails, cookies and publicly available sources of information (including phonebooks, public websites, records, registries, databases, news articles or social media). There may be instances where we need to collect it from a third party. This may include other insurers, related entities, your credit institute (e.g. the bank you have your loan with), another party involved in a claim, investigators, family members, anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf, and/or our legal advisers.
If we collect information about you from someone else, we'll only do so if we need that information to provide or administer your policy. If we collect information under a law, regulation, or court order then we'll advise you of the law or the court order applicable.
If you are a customer or business using the ROLLiN’ App, please note that where the policy is cancelled, it may take up to 72 hours for the app to stop tracking driving behaviour. Alternatively, if you delete the app, it will immediately stop recording trips.
Who do you share my personal information with?
IAL may share your personal information with:
- service providers including call centre providers, mailing houses, and administration and other technology service providers;
- financial institutions, other insurers and reinsurers;
- insurance and claim reference agencies;
- credit agencies;
- loss assessors and adjusters;
- financial or investigative service providers;
- government and law enforcement agencies;
- internal dispute resolution officers and dispute resolution providers, such as the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
How do I access my personal information, or make a complaint?
The Privacy policies contain information about how you can raise a concern in relation to your privacy and how we will deal with such a concern. They also contain information about how you can access the personal information we hold about you and how you can ask us to correct that information.
Will you send my personal information overseas?
Can I opt out of receiving direct marketing?
We may provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email), our digital services and other means. These communications may relate to the products and services.
Unless you tell us that you no longer wish to receive these communications, the consent you give us by accepting this privacy Statement applies for an indefinite period of time.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing information from ROLLiN' Insurance, you can 'unsubscribe' or 'manage your preferences' via the link at the bottom of the marketing emails or SMS you receive. You can also email us at email@example.com.
If you provide IAL with an email address, you consent to electronic communications being sent to you via that email address, including notices and reminders. To protect your privacy, we recommend that any email address you provide to us be your personal email address rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues or family members.